The holiday season can be a beautiful time with people we love. It can also be a stressful time of an extra busy schedule and higher expectations from everyone, especially ourselves.
We asked the Savorista community how they take care of themselves during the holidays. Here are the top tips.
1. Prioritize holiday activities and don’t feel bad saying no
- I start by making a plan or outline going into the season. Knowing there will be things you miss and being OK with it is huge. This year I am getting clear what is most important and choosing the things that fit inside that. (Amanda)
- Remember to define the why behind things! (Nicole)
- I say yes to the things I want to do most first. Then all the no’s fall into place (Joanna)
- Set boundaries, organize priorities, make yourself a priority, and tell yourself it's ok to say no. (Ashley)
2. Make time for the things YOU love
- I say yes to working out on my lunch breaks and walking on my short ones! (Jillian)
- I make time to volunteer for the things I care about, and helping those close to me. And I try to visit those who do not have visitors. (Nicola)
- Holiday baking!! (Christie-Anne)
3. Let go of certain chores, especially if no one notices
- I say no to mopping the floor as often. No one else notices the floors (Carly)
- I stop folding and putting away clothes. Everyone has a basket in their room. This saves me so much time (Nicola)
- I don't dust anything this time of year, unless there are major dust bunnies around the tree. (Pam)
Wishing you a fantastic holiday season!