Kick back and unwind because summer is in full swing. While this can mean a lot of things (like beach days, nights by an outdoor fire and lots of barbecuing), at Savorista, it means delicious home-brewed decaf iced coffee!
You know what else is perfect when it's hot outside? Summer sales! Take advantage of our Jitter-free July Sale to make the best iced brew you've ever had.
Try out these creative twists for an extra treat and check out the Classic Iced Coffee recipe at the bottom
Creative Iced Coffee Concoctions
- Chocolate sauce, caramel or vanilla syrup for a classic flavored iced coffee
- Lemonade to bring out the citrus notes for coffee’s version of an Arnold Palmer. Try out 1/3 lemonade to 2/3 coffee and tweak from there
- Mashed berries – Summer is full of berries, mash up some blueberries, raspberries or strawberries or even simmer over the stove before adding to the coffee to really bring out the natural sugars
- Fresh mint leaves for an extra refreshing twist
- Maple or Honey for a natural, syrupy sweetener
- Condensed milk for a sweet and milky, inspired by Vietnamese coffee
- Coconut milk for a tropical feel
- Chocolate sauce, cinnamon and chili powder for an Iced Mexican Chocolate
- Have you created something else that tastes delicious? Let us know!
Classic Decaf Iced Coffee
- Start with your favorite Savorista decaf coffee
- Brew with your go-to brewing method and add more coffee than usual. We typically recommend 50% more coffee. If you usually use 2 scoops, try 3. (Pro tip: make iced coffee cubes ahead of time and eliminate the need to add extra scoops!)
- Fill a large glass with ice (or frozen coffee cubes) and pour in hot coffee
- If you like your coffee sweet, dissolve sugar in hot coffee before pouring over ice. Or use a liquid sweetener, like simple syrup, honey or maple directly in the iced coffee
- Each coffee will taste different hot and cold. Experiment with different coffee varieties to see which flavors you like best over ice
Want to make a bigger batch? You can store iced coffee in the fridge for up to a week. After that it will start to lose some of the flavor.
Caffeine Conscious Twist
Want less caffeine in the afternoon, but not ready for full on decaf? Try this twist for a Low-Caffeine Iced Coffee
- Brew up some Savorista decaf coffee
- Put in ice cube trays and freeze overnight
- Pour your normal strength caffeinated hot coffee over these decaf ice cubes for a quick half-caf iced coffee
Which Savorista flavor did you turn into a delicious batch of iced coffee? Send us a photo of your cold creation and we will share it!